10/13/10

Family Night Out with a Human Trafficking Gang and a State Trooper UPDATE

     Children are amazing creatures aren't they?  Kaylee, my 11 year old daughter, showed me her journal entry about our stolen truck ordeal.  Her perspective on that crazy night left me speechless.  I wanted to turn it into a devotion, so she gave me permission to share it with you.


     Incredible.  She wasn't scared.  She wasn't worried. She didn't see any reason that she needed to be. The stolen truck was a side note in her mind.  She focused in on a "little thing".
     Despite being one of four wiggly kids, squeezed into three seats, for over an hour, she chose to treasure the memory of her irritating little brother falling asleep on her shoulder.

Thank you Kaylee for reminding me what is important.


4Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.    Matthew 18:4


Lord, forgive me for being too distracted with worry to see your blessings.  I must have missed out on thousands of them over the years.  Thank you for allowing me to see your world through a child's eyes.  Please help me hold on to that kind of faith and innocence. Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love, comments and I would love to leave you one too!