11/22/10

CLASS Christian Writers Conference Ghost Ranch, New Mexico

                              .
Whew, I am back, and no, I didn’t fall in the remains of the well located a few feet from our front door. Instead of a pit, I was on a mountain top, literally and spiritually. A precious person in my life gave me an all expense paid trip to the CLASS Christian Writers Conference in New Mexico. It has taken me a week to process my time there, and the only description I can come up with is, it was AMAZING.


For starters, I got to experience some feelings I haven’t felt in since high school. No, not raging hormones, but raging emotions. Emotions, that centered around me and what God was/is doing with me. I hate to admit it, but there is a name for what I experienced and its called, All About Me. I am guessing I’m being about as clear as the water in the well I mentioned, so I will elaborate. The conference felt like church camp for adults times ten. For the last 15 years, all the similar trips I’ve been on, I went  as a sponsor. I’ve been blessed to watch God move, speak and change teen’s and adult’s lives. I’ve been a witness to numerous answered prayers and even miracles. This time, instead of watching, I received and it was AMAZING.



                                                                                                                             My room, #8
I stayed up late giggling and dreaming in the bunk house with my new friends, then tore thru the cold for a morning shower in our “shared” bathroom. Good food just appeared without any of my menu planning, grocery shopping or cooking. I attended remarkable chapel services that required none of my greeting, set up, tear down, or ministry skills. I sat for hours at the feet of pro’s learning the ins and outs of writing. Editors, agents and authors shared their wisdom.I even got published in another book. I was loved on, encouraged and prayed for. Best of all, God’s presence was there. If for some reason you couldn’t feel it or sense in the people, all you had to do was look up. His beauty was everywhere and it was AMAZING.



                                               
Me and Bruce Wilkinson














The bunk house I stayed in (far right corner)











God opened some huge doors for me and spoke clearly about the direction He wants me headed in. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. All I can offer in return is my obedience.

I’ll keep you posted on how it goes. . .

2 comments:

Tess said...

Sounds like your expectations were met and exceeded regarding this conference. It is fantastic to see how God restores and refreshes us after times in the valley's. Can't wait to read your first book!

Ron Benson said...

It was great to meet you, Leah. God will open the doors; just make sure you're jumping through them.

Post a Comment

I love, love, love, comments and I would love to leave you one too!