9/21/10

"Hi, may I speak to someone in the customer service department? I would like to trade my circumstances in for a new set".

"Hi, may I speak to someone in the customer service department? I would like to trade my circumstances in for a new set.  The ones I have are not a good fit. What other packages do you offer?  I am looking for a bundle that includes:

a great job
a nice house
healthy kids
good friends, that live close by
a good marriage
great church
and a good school

Oh, I can't have all that? Okay...... well, I would be willing to trade a great job for a good one if it's stable. I will take an okay house if it has great neighbors, but a good marriage, health and a good church home are non-negotiable.

Oh.. yes, currently, I have the Quality Family Time package. Yes, it has delivered lots of precious family time, but I didn't realize it came with un-employment, an un-certian future, squeezing into my parents house, moving away from friends, and homeschooling.

Yes, I am sure I would like to trade these circumstances in for different ones.  How long will it take before I receive my new set?". . .    

     Do you ever wish you could just call up heaven, speak to the customer service angel and order up the exact set of circumstances you want? There are many days I wish I could. I've spent a lot of time curled up on the couch, wrapped in my snuggy blanket of self pity, pouting. I enjoy it too. It feels much better than handling my present issues.

     Thankfully, God is in control and He has a plan. I don't have to be afraid, because He knows exactly what He is doing. Actually, it is my rotten set of circumstances that keeps me close to Him. He is using them to mold and make me into the woman He wants me to be. Even though it is painful, ultimately, being mashed and pounded around by my trials will make me into a useful jar of clay.


7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:7

     After all, who am I to question God? He is the creator, I am the created. He is the shepherd, I am the sheep, He is the potter, I am the clay.

20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "[h] 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? Romans 9:20

     So, today, instead of pouting, I am going to do my best to be thankful for my circumstances. I will bravely get off the couch, drop my blankey, and walk hand in hand with my maker, right through the middle of my chaos.

Lord, forgive me for feeling sorry for myself. I know better. I know you have a plan and I can trust you. I also know that you, the potter have a better plan that I could ever think up on my own. Please give me the strength to live it out even though it's hard. Lord please distract me from the pain by keeping my heart occupied with gladness. Thank you Lord, for loving me. Thank you for using my messes for good. Thank you for making it all have a purpose. I love you. Amen

1 comments:

Lisa and John said...

Leah, I Love your customer service part, your writing is so good. You really could have some of this published! Love ya

Post a Comment

I love, love, love, comments and I would love to leave you one too!